Whoever said no business happens during the holidays has been living under Santa's sleigh the past 5 years.
While some homeowners wait until March or April to list their home and others take their home off the market during the holidays, smart sellers take advantage. Here are six great reasons not to wait:
1. There may be fewer buyers during the holidays, but those out shopping for a new home mean business and are ready to buy.
2. There are fewer homes available for sale during the holidays. Less competition equals more money.
3. Your home shows (and smells) better when decorated for the holidays.
4. The "snowbirds" are in town! The seasonal population increases as northerners migrate to South Florida to get away from freezing temperatures. More people equals more potential buyers. More potential buyers equals more money.
5. The supply of homes available for sale increases after the new year. More competition equals less money.
6. The Fed increased the Fed Funds Rate! While mortgage rates remain historically low, the Federal Open Market Committe (FOMC) added that additional rate hikes are likely throughout 2016. An increase in the Fed Funds Rate may lead to an increase in mortgage rates in 2016. A mortgage rate increase diminishes the purchasing power of a home buyer. Diminishing purchasing power negatively affects the demand for homes. Less demand and more supply equals less money.
Thinking about selling your home? Don't wait until next year to start the process. Contact us today. Let's talk about your goals and how we can help you achieve them. No gimmicks. No pressure. Just professional advice.