St Patrick’s Day Weekend in Coral Gables
Lucky for us, St. Patrick’s Day is on a Sunday this year, which means that all Irish pubs and other establishments that regularly serve Pan con Bistec will be celebrating St. Patrick’s
Hope you and your liver are on good terms.
The one. The original. The joint that’s been celebrating all things Irish way before I discovered St. Patrick’s Day was about green beer and not about four-leaf clovers and leprechauns is John Martin’s Irish Pub on Miracle Mile.
Festivities kick off at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 15th with a block party along Salzedo St & Aragon Ave. Live performances by Deck 52 and UV, a U2 cover band, will have you singing along to Bono’s World Bank pompousness and The Edge’s glimmering guitar.
Saturday the 16th brings along a St. Patrick’s Eve pre-fixed dinner with live Irish entertainment by Paddy Kelleghan at 6:00 pm.
The main event takes place on Sunday beginning with a breakfast buffet at 10:00 am and live entertainment and bagpiper all day long.
Other Downtown Coral Gables restaurants and establishments participating in St. Patrick’s Day festivities include:
- Germain Bierhaus, Fritz & Franz
- Giralda hideaway, The Bar (who still rock a flash website)
- Their neighbor, The Local (who will be mixing Guiness with Strongbow to create a Snakebite)
- Thai & Sushi lounge, Red Koi ($4 beers & $2 shots all night on Friday)
- Wolfe’s Wine Shoppe (whose site hasn’t been updated in some time, but is holding a craft beer tasting on Friday)
If you’re feeling really Irish this weekend and plan to drink like a fish, please don’t drive. A taxi cab will only set you back a few dollars. Your life and the life of others is worth much, much more.
If you need a ride home, call me at 305-491-7179. I won’t tell your mom, dad, wife, husband, kids, insignificant other or neighbors. I promise.